WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — One million dollars, that's how much the Purdue Crew team is receiving as part of a donation to the program.
The money will go toward boat house maintenance, as well as equipment costs. Additionally, the money will help pay for the yearly team member fees.
Students usually spend around $2,500 to be on the team. Hannah Stefanik is the President of Purdue Crew. She said the donation will help Crew well in the future.
"Being able to ensure that Purdue Crew is always able to provide this experience to other individuals is amazing, so it was very exciting to hear that we're able to keep the boat house up and moving in the future for a long time," said Stefanik.
The team is currently a club sport at Purdue, meaning the money it uses is made through fundraising. Some of the donation money will also go to coaching salaries.
- Purdue Crew receives sizable anonymous donation
- Anonymous $50,000 donation to help northern Indiana evictees
- Heartford House receives generous donation from LPD
- Purdue Crew rows in Tippecanoe County Mall
- Purdue University student receives prestigious scholarship
- Purdue's Kaplan deal receives HLC approval
- Purdue receives award for supporting Toastmasters
- Purdue receives Tree Campus USA Award
- Astronaut to receive honorary degree from Purdue
- Frankfort receives $650K in private donations for new downtown park