WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - Purdue alumni introduced the next generation to their Alma mater. Grandparents University kicked off on Thursday.
The event is where former boilermakers get the chance to relive their college glory days, and show what the university has to offer to their grandchildren.
Attendees choose what classes they go to based on major, do group activities and even get to stay overnight in the residence halls.
Terance Reeves flew all the way from Florida to attend the event with his grandfather.
He told News 18 he couldn't believe how big the Purdue campus is.
Reeves said his favorite part was spending time with his grandpa, but also getting his fifteen minutes of fame.
"I'm really excited to be on TV," Reeves said. "My favorite part about today was going on the buses and learning about this place, and how big it is actually too, and they have a pool back here."
Event attendees even got to take a ride around campus on the Boilermaker special and spend some time with Purdue Pete.
- Purdue Alumni give grandchildren the college experience at Grandparents University
- Purdue basketball alumni game set for Aug. 4
- Upcoming film will focus on Purdue alumni Neil Armstrong
- Purdue officially launches Purdue University Global
- Purdue University's Horticulture Park reopens
- Veterans gain critical business experience at Purdue
- Purdue University forms research alliance with university in Peru
- Purdue University student receives prestigious scholarship
- IPFW officially becomes Purdue University Fort Wayne
- Experience the 84th annual Purdue Christmas Show this weekend