CASS COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — Cass County residents will get together to discuss a proposed wind farm Thursday evening.
It's being called a "public informational meeting" at the Rogers Event Center in Royal Center.
As News 18 has been reporting, British-based RES wants to develop a wind farm near that town.
It would include turbines as tall as 840 feet.
The proposed setback from homes would reportedly be 1,000 feet.
Residents have gathered more than 1,300 signatures on petitions calling for increasing the setback.
They also say Cass County Commissioners aren't listening to their concerns.
Two weeks ago, commissioners told us they are in negotiations with RES and under a non-disclosure agreement.
- Cass County Community Talks Wind Farm Proposal
- Proposed wind farm in Cass Co. a concern for some citizens
- Property owners speak out against wind farm
- One dead in Cass County crash
- Cass County Tyson plant temporarily shut down
- Cass County Sheriff's Office investigating hotel fire
- County in northern Indiana considers wind farm restrictions
- Wind farm to help power GM factories in Ohio, Indiana
- Proposed farm bill could negatively impact food banks
- Cass County bust turns up butane honey oil, marijuana