MONROE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — On Monday, police made several drug-related arrests after searching a home in Bloomington.
Police say a search warrant was served by the Indiana State Police Drug Enforcement Section and Troopers with the ISP Bloomington District A.C.E.S. (Aggressive Criminal Enforcement Section) in the 4500 block of Old State Road 37 South in Bloomington.
An investigation of possible drug dealing activities at the residence led detectives to believe that 31-year-old Robert Merek of Bloomington was dealing methamphetamine while on home detention monitoring.
When ISP arrived at the home, Merek attempted to flee by jumping out of a bedroom window. He was caught by police after a short foot pursuit.
A search of the home turned up 35 grams of methamphetamine and a firearm. Police also found heroin, hypodermic syringes, marijuana, and multiple controlled substance pills.
The residents of the home, Merek and 23-year-old Hayley Sipes of Bloomington, were arrested on multiple drug-related offenses including dealing methamphetamine. According to police, Sipes was also caught attempting to smuggle narcotic pills into the jail by hiding them in her bra.
The investigation continued on Tuesday when DES detectives witnessed several suspected drug dealers arriving at Merek’s home. Those suspects were confronted and arrested.
Twenty-six-year-old Jerrel Lane of Detroit was found with 28 grams of heroin and over 200 narcotic drug pills.
Twenty-one-year-old Elijah Bowles of Martinsville was found with a handgun without a license and about 9 grams of methamphetamine which he tried to smuggle into jail by hiding it in his underwear.
Twenty-three-year-old Hali Bales of Mooresville was also arrested after she was found to have a warrant out in Morgan County for multiple felony arrest warrants including aggravated battery posing a substantial risk of death, and battery by means of a deadly weapon. She initially gave officers a false name and identifying information.
The investigation is ongoing.
Suspected arrested include:
• Robert Merek, 31, of Bloomington - arrested on preliminary charges of dealing methamphetamine, possession of methamphetamine, maintaining a common nuisance, possession of a narcotic drug, possession of a syringe, resisting law enforcement, possession of marijuana, and possession of paraphernalia.
• Hayley Sipes, 23, of Bloomington - arrested on preliminary charges of dealing methamphetamine, possession of methamphetamine, maintaining a common nuisance, possession of a narcotic drug, possession of a syringe, trafficking with an inmate, possession of marijuana, and possession of paraphernalia.
• Hali Bales, 23, of Mooresville - arrested on a Morgan County warrant for charges of aggravated battery use when the assault poses a substantial risk of death, battery resulting in serious bodily injury, battery by means of a deadly weapon, criminal recklessness committed with a deadly weapon. She also faces preliminary charges of false informing, and false identity statement.
• Elijah N. Bowles, 21, of Martinsville - arrested on preliminary charges of dealing methamphetamine, possession of methamphetamine, trafficking with an inmate, and possession of a handgun without a license.
• Jerrel R. Lane, 26, of Detroit, Michigan - arrested on preliminary charges of dealing heroin, possession of heroin, dealing a narcotic drug, possession of a narcotic drug, and maintaining a common nuisance.