LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Lafayette police are investigating a report of shots fired from early Saturday morning. Police said shell casings were found outside a Lafayette apartment complex on Shoshone Drive.
Around 4 a.m. Saturday, officers heard what they believed to be gunshots while patrolling near 18th Street and Teal Road. Nothing was found when they arrived in the area they thought they heard the shots.
According to Lafayette police, they also took complaints from neighbors who thought they heard gunshots as well.
Police said officers followed up in the daylight and found several shell casings outside an apartment complex in the 1800 block of Shoshone Drive. No damage was identified and no injuries were reported.
The case was turned over to detectives. If you have any information, you are asked to call LPD or the anonomous We Tip Hotline at 1 (800) 78-CRIME.
- Police investigating weekend shots fired near Lafayette apartment
- Police arrest 4 after shots fired outside Lafayette apartments
- Police investigating reports of shots fired at Briarwood Apartments
- LPD investigating shots fired in Brampton Apartments area
- Lafayette police continue standoff investigation
- One shot fired in Lafayette incident; police on scene
- Lafayette police find shell casings after report of shots fired
- Shots fired outside Lafayette bar overnight
- Lafayette police investigate shooting at Romney Meadows
- Lafayette police investigating 2 overnight stabbings