Photo Gallery 1 Images
LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) -- A local organization is raising awareness this week by hosting Sleep a Night in Our Streets.
PATH is an organization based around the outreach to homeless people. Sleep a Night in Our Streets helps members of the community raise awareness for those who are less fortunate. This is the second year for the event. Community members are encouraged to camp out all night.
The organization will have food for those who camp out and will accept donations for the homeless. Event organizer Kurt Harker said this event helps others gain perspective.
"This time of year it's really difficult to do this and we just want people to know that we're going to try to be out here tonight in the cold just so we experience a little bit of that ourselves," he said.
There will be events the rest of the week to support the homeless population of Lafayette.
- PATH Organization hosts sleep a night in our streets
- Sleep a night outside to benefit the homeless in Greater Lafayette
- LPD investigates late night stabbing on Main Street
- Mosey Down Main Street welcomes 107 vendors Saturday night
- Pregame Coverage: Purdue MBB hosting Rutgers Wednesday night
- LittleStar ABA Therapy Hosts 'Night Under the Stars' gala
- Christmas gifts stolen from under tree while family sleeps
- Indiana teen killed after sledding into path of car
- Pacers take easy path to get past fatigued Phoenix 116-101
- Lafayette Honor Flight organization gives back