CLINTON COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — One person is dead after a house fire broke out in Clinton County Friday afternoon.
Fire crews were called to the home at around 2:30 p.m. Crews spent hours putting out hot spots.
Clinton County Sheriff's Office deputies confirm one person was transported to the hospital for smoke inhalation.
The Michigan township fire chief confirmed that 43-year-old Deanna Hoke died in the fire.
Investigators still don't know the cause of the fire but believe that it started in the bedroom.
They say there is no indication of foul play.
- One woman dead in Michigantown fire
- Woman dead after weekend house fire in Lafayette
- Monticello woman dead after Sunday morning crash
- Missing Jasper County woman found dead in Hobart
- Police: 1-year-old dead, woman hurt in Indianapolis shooting
- 1 dead, 5 hurt in overnight Frankfort house fire
- 2 dead after Montmorenci crash
- Lafayette Fire Department smoke alarm saves woman's home
- Woman shares final memories after losing husband in fire
- Indiana man arrested in February fire that killed woman, 85