After highs today reached just 53-58 with gust west to northwest winds 15-30 mph.
Frost & freezing will occur tonight with lows of 30-35. Warmest temperatures should occur over the far north & northeast due to some heat from Lake Michigan's balmy waters.
It will turn cloudy rapidly tomorrow, hindering warming. Highs of 44-48 are likely.
As light rain overspreads the area, temperatures will fall from 44-48 to 36-41 as the precipitation falls through dry, cold air. There will also be considerable cold air aloft with this upper level system contributing to cooling, as well.
That said, as the precipitation falls in the morning in central Illinois, a period of snow is possible there. Localized dusting/whitening of grass is possible there. Here, a few flakes & even some sleet may mix in the rainfall at times. Most of this steady light rain will fall 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Some bits of drizzle & patches of light rain may linger up to midnight.
It will be raw, breezy & cold for the afternoon & evening with temperatures 35-40.
With clearing later tomorrow night, lows of 31-36 are likely.
Note the drier pattern & the re enforcing shots of chill coming in from the northwest. Note the multiple strong Arctic highs coming southward from Canada.
Overall below normal temperature trend will dominate through October 27.
Surge of warmth should develop as we end October & move into November. This may hang on to mid November.
Big change should occur in mid November with potential record warmth, severe risk, then major temperature plunge. Even some minor snow & highs in the 20s & 30s with lows in the teens are possible.
After drier pattern, spurt of a wetter pattern should occur around mid month with the big change.
- October 11, 10:30 PM Weather Update: Frost & Freezing For Many Nights....Some Cold Rain (Flake?) Too
- October 11, 3:15 PM Weather Forecast Update: Frost/Freezing, Cold Rain & Even a Few Flakes
- October 10, 2 PM Weather Forecast Update: Marginal Risk, Frost/Freeze & the Weekend Outlook
- October 12, 5 PM Weather Forecast Update: Rain, Some Flakes & Sleet, More Frost & How Long the Below Normal Temps Will Last
- October 10, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update: Rain Out....Cold Coming In with Interesting Friday Evening/Night Set-Up
- October 15, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update
- Near/Record Warmth Then Frost/Freezing
- October 1, 4 PM Weather Forecast Update
- October 3, 1 PM Weather Forecast Update
- 10:30 PM UPDATE