NEWTON COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — The Newton County Sheriff's Office has issued an arrest warrant for a man suspected of leading police on a chase where an officer was hurt.
Maurice Carpenter is 34 years old, 6-foot-1, and about 200 pounds.
Investigators believe he was the driver of a rented Kia Sportage that refused to stop for police on Nov. 8.
A press release said the vehicle crossed the interstate median several times, drove the wrong way through a construction zone on the shoulder and eventually struck a police car.
The driver then continued into a residential area, where he abandoned the car and got away on foot.
Newton County investigators don't believe Carpenter is from the area.
His last known address was in Indianapolis.
If you have information on his whereabouts, call the Newton County Sheriff's Office at 219-474-56-61.
- Newton County Sheriff's Office issues warrant for chase suspect
- Newton County blaze causes $50,000 damage
- Jury finds Newton County man guilty of murder
- Warrant issued for Lafayette man accused of promoting prostitution
- Cass County Sheriff's Office investigating hotel fire
- Sheriff: Indiana deputy shot during chase has died
- Murder warrant issued in death of woman found in sunken SUV
- Carroll County Sheriff's Office investigating report of horse neglect
- White County Sheriff's Office searching for missing Monticello man
- Three arrested after Fulton County search warrant served