NEWTON COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) - A man found guilty of a triple murder in Newton County is now facing life without parole.
On Wednesday, a jury found Derrick Cardosi guilty on all counts, including murder and auto theft. On Thursday, the jury recommended the sentencing.
Cardosi was charged with the deaths of Justin Babbs, Kimberly Spears, and Richard Thomas. The three victims were stabbed to death in August of 2016 at a home in Sumava Resorts.
The co-defendant, Sebastian Wedding, pleaded guilty to two counts of murder. Wedding is now serving a 55-year prison sentence.
The formal sentencing hearing for Cardosi has been set for Feb. 15.
- Newton Co. jury recommends life without parole in triple murder case
- Jury finds Newton County man guilty of murder
- Jury selection starts in triple homicide trial
- Newton County blaze causes $50,000 damage
- Surveillance video shows Newton County robbery
- Man charged with murder in triple homicide sentenced
- Newton County Sheriff's Office issues warrant for chase suspect
- Jury finds Scottie Kincade guilty of murdering Williamsport woman
- Triple stabbing reported in Lafayette
- IMPD officer arrested, termination recommended following computer tampering investigation