WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The flow of traffic on State Street is changing once again. A portion of the road is reopening to two-way traffic.
The change will impact those who travel between U.S. 231 and Airport Road. The shift is expected to happen Wednesday.
"It's getting there," said City Engineer Ed Garrison. "We've got about one more month and they're going to be getting everything opened back up. So, it's moving quick."
Westbound traffic will shift to the newly constructed southern half of the lanes on State Street. The new lanes will reopen to two-way traffic on or after Nov. 2.
Also, some painting needs to be completed on the road. It all depends on weather conditions in West Lafayette this week.
"It's fun, it's exciting," Garrison said. "It's very busy, very fast paced and we're happy to get through it."
Construction crews have until the end of November to reopen State Street. You should be able to drive from U.S. 231 to Tapawingo Drive by Nov. 30.
- New portion of State Street opening up to two-way traffic
- Portion of South Street to close Monday
- State Street set to open Thursday
- New lanes open on West State Street
- Lafayette Fire opposed to portion of school safety bill
- Miss America drops swimsuit portion and won't judge on looks
- Students look forward to State Street reopening
- Preparing for 2018 State Street construction
- State Street closures will affect parking garage
- TRAFFIC UPDATE: US 231 and Cumberland are back open