WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - A new development is in the works for the Chauncey Hill Mall. Developers are hoping to work with the public to figure out what the plans will look like.
Trinitas Ventures is the company behind the proposal. Erik Carlson, director of development for the city of West Lafayette, said the company plans to hold public meetings in July to gather input.
He said the plans will not include student housing.
Carlson said the existing structure, including the several businesses, will be torn down.
Carlson talked to those businesses Tuesday, warning them of the plans. He said he hopes they will have at least a year to relocate.
News 18 will have the latest on this story as it develops.
- New development planned for Chauncey Hill Mall in West Lafayette
- Community reacts to Chauncey Hill Mall demolition
- West Lafayette Schools developing plan for new aquatics center
- West Lafayette looking to plan for future development in downtown area
- Renovation planned for downtown Indianapolis shopping mall
- Lafayette Jeff, West Lafayette schedule football series
- Planned power outage for West Lafayette on Friday
- City plans to fix visibility along West Lafayette median
- West Lafayette begins planning for Lindberg Road construction
- Plans advance for West Lafayette small Target, mixed-use project