TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — If you bought tickets for the Nelly concert that was supposed to happen Thursday, there is some good news and bad news.
According to Lafayette Theater Manager Nick Perez , the reasoning behind the delayed show is security costs. As News 18 previously reported, the event's security costs started at $38,000. The costs then went down to $17,000 and eventually got down to $6,700. However, by the time costs got that low it was too late to plan it.
There will be a concert this Thursday. However, Nelly won't be performing.
Instead, Nelly's scheduled opening act, Bone Thugs N Harmony, will take the stage.
The concert will now also be at the Lafayette Theater downtown instead of the Tippecanoe Amphitheater. Only the first 1,000 Nelly ticket holders will be admitted. After that, tickets will still be good to see Nelly once that concert is rescheduled.
Tickets will be honored for the rescheduled date, even if you attend Thursday's concert.
Nick Perez with the Lafayette Theater told News 18 the new date and location for Nelly is expected to be announced by the end of this week.
Refunds are not being issued at this time.
- Nelly to be rescheduled, concert still happening at Lafayette Theater
- Nelly concert in Tippecanoe County postponed
- Concert will proceed Thursday night without Nelly
- Organizers voice concerns over security costs for Nelly concert
- What led promoters to postpone the Nelly concert
- Both parties work to bring down security costs for upcoming Nelly concert
- Cemetery walk rescheduled due to rain chances
- 'Asperger's Are Us' set to take the stage at Lafayette Theater
- Power outage shuts down Eastside 9 theater
- Purdue students assess Logansport historic theater improvements for free