TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (AP) — Terre Haute police are searching for a man charged with murder in the slaying of a woman whose body was found in her SUV at the bottom of a Vigo County pond.
The suspect, 55-year-old Kenneth R. Pitts Jr. of Terre Haute, remained at large Wednesday. He also faces charges of burglary, altering the scene of a death, arson and obstruction of justice.
The body of 77-year-old Alice "Anita" Oswald of Terre Haute was found in January after she had been missing for nearly two months.
Pitts' sister, 42-year-old Teresa M. Pitts of Terre Haute, has been arrested on charges of assisting a criminal and obstruction of justice. A judge entered a not guilty plea for her during an initial hearing Tuesday. She's being held in the Vigo County Jail.
- Murder warrant issued in death of woman found in sunken SUV
- Newton County Sheriff's Office issues warrant for chase suspect
- Warrant issued for Lafayette man accused of promoting prostitution
- Man wanted on warrant found with 160 grams of meth
- Police investigate death of woman found in S. Indiana river
- Attempt to serve a warrant ends in acquitted murder suspect's arrest
- Missing Lafayette woman found safe
- Murder charge filed in Indiana deputy's death
- Frankfort woman gets 45 year murder sentence
- River Flood Warnings Issued