WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Is President Donald Trump on his way to a Nobel Peace Prize? Congressman Luke Messer thinks so.
Messer said President Trump should get a Nobel Peace Prize if North Korea disarms its nuclear capability.
"The only reason North Korea is now coming to the table to possibly negotiate is because of the strong posture President Trump has taken toward North Korea," said Messer.
Messer said President Barack Obama won one in 2009 for quote, "Basically being a little more than an attractive candidate for President of the United States."
But he said President Trump has created the potential for what would be a meaningful step toward peace for the whole world.
- Messer says Trump is on his way to Nobel Peace Prize
- Autopsy completed on Nobel-Prize winning Purdue University professor's wife
- Senate candidate Luke Messer makes stop in Lafayette
- Wife of Nobel Prize winner from Purdue died of exposure, hypothermia
- Congressman Messer pushes to get rid of illegal immigrant tax credits
- Purdue grad wins World Food Prize
- Frankfort community members participate in peaceful march
- Purdue now boasts three World Food Prize winners
- Minnesota turkeys to be pardoned by Trump