WASHINGTON (AP) — The White House says Melania Trump is hospitalized after undergoing a procedure to treat a benign kidney condition.
The first lady's spokeswoman, Stephanie Grisham, says that the procedure Monday morning was successful and that there were no complications.
Grisham says Mrs. Trump is at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center just outside Washington and will likely remain there for the rest of the week.
Last week, the first lady launched her "Be Best" initiative to help children be their best selves.
- Melania Trump in hospital for treatment of kidney condition
- Melania Trump's kidney procedure explained
- Melania Trump undergoes kidney surgery at Walter Reed medical center
- Melania Trump 'doing really well' after kidney surgery, President says
- Why Melania Trump's kidneys are not your business
- Melania Trump says she is 'feeling great' after kidney procedure
- Melania Trump Fast Facts
- Children's Hospital clinic sheds light on condition, treatment of babies born into opioids
- URGENT - Melania Trump undergoes kidney surgery at Walter Reed medical center
- Trump welcomes Melania home from hospital by misspelling her name