LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Kristen McVey was sworn in as Tippecanoe Superior Court V Judge on Friday.
Indiana Supreme Court Chief Justice Loretta Rush led the ceremony.
Judge McVey worked as Tippecanoe County's Chief Deputy Prosecutor for ten years.
She replaces Judge Sean Persin who was appointed to take the place of former Circuit Court Judge Thomas Busch.
McVey looks forward to the public getting to know her in this new postion.
"I realize it will be my job to earn their trust, earn their respect, and I aim to do my very best to do exactly that," said Judge McVey.
McVey's father gave her a surprise gift at the ceremony. It was a wooden gavel made by her grandfather years ago. He believes it was made for her.
- Tippecanoe Superior Court V Welcomes Judge McVey
- Superior Court 5 still looking for replacement judge
- Tippecanoe Co. chief deputy prosecutor appointed as judge
- Tippecanoe County's growing gains
- Ice carvers welcome winter weather
- Tippecanoe Co. lawmakers preview 2018
- Local bars welcome football fans
- Houses submerged along Tippecanoe River
- Man imprisoned for tossing chairs at judge flips court table