LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - McCutcheon's performing arts program will be presenting 'Thorougly Modern Millie' this weekend.
The musical has great songs, costumes and even some humor. However, it also touches on the important topic of human trafficking.
The students have been preparing by working with a local coordinator for the state's Trafficking Victims Assistance Program.
Lori Caldwell-Hopkins is the director of the performing arts program.
She says the play has been very educational for the students.
"A lot of our kids I think they have the idea that human trafficking doesn't happen here. 'Oh that just happens somewhere else, that happens in New York or that happens in Chicago but not here.' But the reality is that it does happen here it happens everywhere," Caldwell-Hopkins said.
Performances are March 16 and 17 at 7 pm and March 18 at 3 pm in the Dan Kinsey Auditorium.
Tickets are $10 and can be purchased online or at the door.
- McCutcheon musical to touch on topic of human trafficking
- McCutcheon H.S. class makes new drain covers for humane society
- 5K raises money for human trafficking victims
- McCutcheon's Phinisee signs with Indiana
- McCutcheon baseball blanks Benton Central
- AG announces expansion of Indiana’s Human Trafficking Unit
- Indiana State Police crack down on human trafficking
- Indiana gas stations teach staff to report human trafficking
- Local church works to raise awareness about human trafficking
- Fountain Co. man at center of human trafficking investigation