KOKOMO, Ind. (AP) — Authorities say a young man has been arrested after a 10-year-old girl was fatally struck by a hit-and-run driver in central Indiana.
Police say the girl was walking Thursday afternoon in Kokomo when she was struck by a car. The driver fled the scene and the girl died at a hospital.
Police say 22-year-old Josh Cochran of Kokomo was arrested about a half-hour after the crash and he's preliminarily charged with leaving the scene of an accident resulting in death.
Court records Friday didn't list a lawyer for Cochran. The girl's name wasn't immediately released by authorities. The crash is under investigation.
- Man held after girl struck, killed by car in central Indiana
- Indiana man struck, killed by falling rock in Hawaii
- Central Indiana woman formally charged in son's car death
- UPDATE: Details emerge after person struck by car in Lafayette
- Indianapolis woman struck by train after stepping out of car
- Charges filed in 1988 killing of Indiana girl
- Central Indiana synagogue vandalized with Nazi graffiti
- Headstones toppled at historic central Indiana cemetery
- Sheriff: Central IN man kills 2 teen children, himself
- Indiana teen killed after sledding into path of car