LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)-- Lafayette Police officers found a man dead inside a home in Lafayette Tuesday afternoon, and it's not the first time they've been to the property.
News 18 has been keeping an eye on the home since January, when police searched it and found 124 needles.
Neighbor Katrina McCalment said homeowner Roger Johnson is just trying to do the right thing.
"He feels bad for people," McCalment said. "He tries to help them out and let them stay is what he does, because he doesn't want to see people on the streets."
She knows what goes on across the street, which is enough for her to unintentionally get herself involved.
McCalment said she noticed a woman running across the street panicking because someone in the house was in trouble, that's when she decided to call 911.
"I asked her what was wrong, and she had me go over there and I went to see the gentleman downstairs and he was, he died."
According to Lafayette Police Sergeant Matt Gard, officers have been called to this home 38 times over the past year.
Gard said the department knows this is taking a toll on those who live next door.
"For the neighbors that live in that area it's more than a nuisance for them," Gard said. "This is affecting their quality of life and we are aware of that and that's what we are trying to address and tackle."
As for neighbors, they're keeping their distance.
"I stay over here, I don't like it and for the people who are in the house that are not Roger, they need to be removed."
The homeowner was unavailable for comment but a person who lives there says the home is a place for people to stay. Matt Gard also mentioned the area police are closely monitoring.
The coroner has yet to release information in regards to the cause of Tuesday's death.
- Man found dead inside home on South 28th Street in Lafayette
- Father speaks out after son is found dead in home on South 28th Street
- Man found dead in Hadley Lake in West Lafayette
- Sinkhole closes street in Lafayette
- Nine dirty needles found on streets of Lafayette
- Storms damage Lafayette homes
- South Street closure begins Monday
- ISP: Missing Brookston man found dead
- Clinton County man found dead after crash
- Lafayette man has been charged in Perdue Street stabbing