LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A Chicago man faces charges for battery and several weapons violations, after a confrontation with two people in a Lafayette apartment. According to court documents, Donte Williams and a woman were staying in an apartment in October, and the pair believed they were the victims of a break-in.
Neighbors told police Williams and the woman came into their unit, accusing them of the break in. The neighbors said Williams hit one of them in the head with a handgun. He's now charged with battery by means of a deadly weapon and possession of a firearm by a serious violent felon.
Jail records indicate he has not yet been brought to the Tippecanoe County jail for the current charge.
- Man charged after confrontation with two people in a Lafayette apartment
- Lafayette man charge with kidnapping
- Lafayette man charged in hatchet attack
- Lafayette man facing charges of child molesting
- West Lafayette man faces battery charges
- Police arrest 4 after shots fired outside Lafayette apartments
- Police investigating weekend shots fired near Lafayette apartment
- Meth and heroin bust leads to charges against Lafayette man
- Child found alone leads to neglect charges for Lafayette man
- Heroin bust leads to charges against Lafayette man