WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A man is in custody after police said he attempted to shoot a woman in her home.
On Saturday the Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Office was called to the 2700 block of Wyndham Way in West Lafayette at 5:45 a.m.
They were responding to a report of a man with a gun.
Police said the woman escaped from the home after 23-year-old Emerson Evans III threatened to shoot her.
They say Evans left the home before police arrived. With the assistance of three other agencies, deputies set up a perimeter near Wal-mart and the celery bog.
Deputies said they located Evans using a drone and K-9 officers, then took him into custody.
He faces multiple preliminary charges including intimidation with a deadly weapon and theft of a firearm.
During the investigation police said he was involved in a domestic disturbance at the same location earlier in the week.
They said because of that incident Evans faces additional preliminary charges of domestic battery and strangulation.
- Man arrested after threatening to shoot woman in WL home
- Woman arrested following Lafayette shooting
- WL recreation center planning continues
- WL active shooter training hits close to home
- WL man charged with attempted murder sentenced to 30 years
- WL man faces charges of intimidation and pointing a firearm
- WL student receives Indiana Homeland Security scholarship
- WL school mourns untimely loss of teacher
- New WL intermediate school receives name
- New WL city hall plans progressing