Scroll for more content...
According to the Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Office, it happened around 10:30 p.m. at a home on Concho Court in Lafayette.
Deputies were called there after a complaint about a man with a gun in the area.
A release from the sheriff's office says the first deputy to get there found 45-year-old Loren Gary standing outside a garage.
As the deputy got out of the squad car, Gary reportedly fired a handgun. According to the sheriff's office, the bullet struck the front of the deputy’s police vehicle causing some damage.
Gary was arrested and taken to the Tippecanoe County Jail. He faces felony charges of attempted murder, intimidation, pointing a firearm, and criminal recklessness with a deadly weapon. Gary also faces a misdemeanor charge of public intoxication.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Man arrested after shooting at Tippecanoe Co. Sheriff's deputy
- Man arrested for shooting in Tippecanoe County
- Tippecanoe County Primary Sheriff and Prosecutor Debate
- Tippecanoe Co. Sheriff's candidates get specific
- Bob Goldsmith enters Tippecanoe County sheriff's race
- Police investigate shooting in Tippecanoe County
- Arrest made in Tippecanoe County standoff situation
- Tippecanoe Co. chief deputy prosecutor appointed as judge
- Did Loren Gary attempt to kill a Tippecanoe Co. Deputy?
- Jason Biss named Tippecanoe Co. Chief Deputy Prosecutor