Photo Gallery 1 Images
TIPPECANOE CO., Ind. (WLFI) -- State police arrested a man after a crash on Interstate 65 Sunday morning.
It happened around 7:30 a.m. in the southbound lanes near the State Road 43 exit.
A state trooper discovered a gold Lincoln on top of the cable barriers and stopped to investigate.
The trooper smelled alcohol coming from the driver and later found cocaine and marijuana in the vehicle.
Jackie S. Smith was arrested and charged with operating while intoxicated, possession of cocaine and possession of marijuana.
Smith is currently being held in the Tippecanoe County Jail.
- Man arrested after I-65 crash
- Crash slows holiday traffic on I-65
- ISP says 2 dead in I-65 crash
- Bug distraction causes crash that closed I-65
- Additional lane coming to I-65
- Update: all lanes open after crash on I-65 forces closure
- All northbound I-65 lanes reopened after semi crash
- Southbound I-65 near State Road 39 reopen after crash
- I-65 southbound is back open in White County after crash
- One air lifted after I-65 three vehicle crash