MADISON COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A crash between a semi and a car resulted in a death in Madison County on Saturday.
Police say it happened at around 6:50 p.m.
An Indiana State Police trooper was driving west on State Road 38 east of Markleville when he noticed a semi pulling a box trailer stopped in the westbound lane in front of him.
The semi was in the process of backing up across the eastbound lane into a driveway.
That's when a car driven by 73-year-old Mylinh Humfleet of Markleville struck the semitrailer. The car hit the side and ran partially underneath it.
Humfleet was taken to a hospital in Anderson where she died as a result of her injuries.
The driver of the semi was not injured in the crash.
Madison County EMA and EMS, the Madison County Sheriff’s Department and the Anderson Fire Department also assisted on scence.
- Madison County crash claims 1 life
- Miami County crash claims life of 12-year-old girl
- Manhunt underway for convicted sex offender in Madison County
- Clinton County man found dead after crash
- 2 dead in Martin County crash
- Crash in Fulton County injures 7
- One dead in Cass County crash
- EMT Dies in Miami County Crash
- UPDATE: One dead in White County crash
- Two airlifted after White County crash