MONTICELLO, Ind. (WLFI) — An icon on the waters of Lake Freeman may soon be under new ownership. As of Monday, the Madam Carroll is for sale.
Built in 1976, the Carroll is the largest licensed US Coast Guard approved vessel in the state. Tom Heckard of Logansport purchased her in 2012. Since then, Heckard has upgraded many of the on board amenities.
"We put some new restrooms in, completely redecorated the entire downstairs bar area and we've been going around doing a lot of things," said Heckard. "Electrical upgrades, plumbing upgrades, there's a lot of mechanical things on the boat. If anything comes up, we just fix it."
Other upgrades include a new stage, seating, and even a wheelchair accessible ramp.
"We're going to run it until it sells," said employee Tina Miller. "I'm sure the next person who buys it, they're going to run it. We've already booked three private charters for 2019, so we're not going anywhere."
With bookings already being made for 2019, Heckard encourages people to come out and see the Madam Carroll for themselves.
"We're doing a lot of private charters, and we've done I think 6 weddings this year so far, so people are finding out it's a very unique wedding venue," said Heckard. "The boat is up and running and waiting for people to come out and see her."
The current asking price is $725,000, but it also includes a 2 bedroom cottage, a front office, a dry dock for winter storage with a lease good for more than 60 years, a liquor license, and all equipment and supplies.
Heckard was married this past fall, and says the only reason for selling the Madam Carroll is to pursue new opportunities elsewhere.
- Madam Carroll up for sale
- Madam Carroll talks boat safety
- Off the market: Madam Carroll has new owners
- Carroll County prosecutor decides to step down
- New prosecutor named in Carroll County
- Missing girls from Carroll County found safe
- Carroll Co. works to fix budget issues
- Police raid Carroll County home, 4 arrested
- Carroll Co. woman charged for starving horse
- Woman shares concerns about Carroll County Jail