WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - Christmas is coming early for the veterans at the Indiana Veterans' Home.
Tomorrow two area Corvette clubs will load up their Vette's with some much needed wish-list items.
That's comfort items that the Veterans' Home can't afford to buy for the residents.
The annual Vettes for Vets event encourages Corvette owners across the country to donate much needed items that their local vets can't go get for themselves.
Director of Vettes for Vets Lafayette Jerry Barnett brought his own Corvette out Friday afternoon to give us an example of what will be on display Saturday.
"We take for granted getting in the car and going to McDonalds, going to Wal-Mart they don't have that facility," Barnett said. "So we give them a T.V., entertainment stuff like that. This is what it's all about. It's all for the veterans."
For more details on the Vettes for Vets program, and for a wish-list of items the veterans need click here.
- Local Vettes giving to local vets
- Vettes for Veterans drive through West Lafayette
- Local AAU basketball team gives back
- Local business gives back to LPD K-9 Program
- Local stoplight causing traffic backups
- Lecture series tackles local history
- Local bars welcome football fans
- Stolen semi damages local neighborhood
- Local nurse receives international award
- Local couple celebrates milestone anniversary