FOWLER, Ind. (WLFI) — Ed Clark has seen plenty of faces walk through the bar he owns in Fowler.
"You take a look at the step and you see how worn out the step is there -- there's been a lot of footprints," said Clark.
Local Bar has been a staple in Fowler for nearly two decades. However, its future was in question back in February.
"Talking to a fella and just the next thing you know, then down she came," said Clark.
High winds and heavy rains caused the entire second floor, which used to be brick, to collapse on the sidewalk and street in front of the bar.
"Had the good fortune of nobody getting hurt to start with," said Clark. "That was a big thing and now the building being secure and safe again."
Ed Clark was determined to get the bar back in shape, especially for the customers.
"Well, it's become part of a family really anymore," said Clark. "Well, they've been good to me for the 17 years that I've been here and I'd like to pay them back a little bit with giving them the same watering hole they've had all these years."
Unfortunately, the wall to the bar wasn't the only thing Clark lost after the wall collapsed on the road below. His truck just happened to be parked in the line of damage.
"Well, it's not brand new, it's new to me, but I missed my truck there for a little while."
Clark said the bar may have been rebuilt, but it's still home to the same atmosphere.
"People come in here and kick their shoes off, not literally you know, but kick your feet up and let down at the end of the day," said Clark.
- Local Bar in Fowler is back up and running after collapsing in February
- Fowler bar collapses amid rainy weather
- Fowler boil order lifted
- Fowler is under a boil order
- Fowler House hosts first Easter Sunday brunch
- Plan for Fowler Avenue Apartments approved
- Local bars welcome football fans
- Farming equipment knocks out utility poles in Fowler
- Man charged after pedestrians run down outside Indiana bar
- Local AAU basketball team gives back