WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) – The League of Women Voters of Greater Lafayette’s Environmental & Sustainability Issues Committee will be presenting an update on Environmental Issues in the Indiana General Assembly.
The presentation will be held at the West Lafayette Public Library and begin at 5:15 p.m. on Wednesday, January 31st.
Leading this update will be Amanda Shepherd, Outreach Coordinator for the Hoosier Environmental Council. Ms. Shepherd’s presentation will look at bills advancing in both the Indiana Senate and House that relate to the Hoosier environment in both good and bad ways.
Following Ms. Shepherd’s talk and your questions, there will be an optional session on How to Voice Your Opinion Effectively.
This program is free and open to the public.
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization that encourages informed and active participation in government, works to increase understanding of major public policy issues, and influences public policy through education and advocacy.
- League of Women Voters will host update on environmental issues
- Arab League Fast Facts
- First time voters, lifetime voters
- Thousands of women mirror thousands marching for women's issues
- Road salt may be causing environmental damage
- White House to withdraw environmental pick's nomination
- Greater Lafayette Commerce hosts construction update luncheon
- River Flood Warnings Issued
- Couple overcomes health issues
- Drug take-back event promotes safe and environmentally responsible disposal