LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — It's been a year of orange cones for Lafayette. From paving and sidewalks to utility infrastructure. News 18 takes a look at where the Lafayette street projects currently stand as we near 2018.
Over the last year, we have seen several projects that are making the Lafayette community thrive. Some of those projects include renovations on Columbia and South Streets.
"You can see the new paving, we've put in new sidewalks in locations. We've put in numerous new handicap ramps," said Mayor Tony Roswarski.
There has also been extensive work done on the Combined Sewer Overflow Long Term Control Plan.
"All of the underground piping is in place. The brick pavers are in place," said Roswarski.
The project has already improved infrastructure along Brown Street and it's expected to increase environmental sustainability.
"But of course the biggest one that everybody is interested in is Sagamore Parkway," said Roswarski.
The final phase of Restore Sagamore is just about complete. On Sagamore Parkway you can now see enhanced lighting, new pavement and travel routes improving drivability and safety.
"We'll still have some work to do in the medians. Some work to do on the corners, the intersections," said Roswarski.
Just recently, all four lanes of traffic opened up on Sagamore Parkway. The 30 MPH worksite speed limit is still in effect.
And there will be no double left turns on the intersection of Sagamore and South Street.
"But we'll finish up there by the end of June of 2018. Which is, about three to four months quicker than that original schedule," said Roswarski.
There will be brief closures on Sagamore Parkway over the next few days to install vehicle detection technology and to work on the medians.
- Lafayette's street projects wrap up as 2018 approaches
- Sinkhole closes street in Lafayette
- 2018 construction planned for the State Street Redevelopment Project
- Final Phase of West Lafayette State Street Project begins in March
- Lafayette School Corporation projects are on track
- Meetings to detail Phase two of State Street Redevelopment Project
- Meeting being held for upcoming West Lafayette repaving project
- West Lafayette City Council proposes lengthy redevelopment project
- Plans advance for West Lafayette small Target, mixed-use project
- Preparing for 2018 State Street construction