LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) -- A Lafayette police officer is okay after a crash on the way to an overdose call.
Police say the officer had his lights and sirens on driving down Teal Road between 9th and 18th streets. They say another car pulled into the officer's path.
The crash spun the squad car into a utility pole, toppling it.
Neither driver reported any serious injuries and no citations have been issued.
Police say Duke Energy is still on the scene working to fix the utility pole. They ask drivers to avoid the area while those repairs are underway.
- Lafayette officer crashes en route to overdose call
- Indiana routs Tennessee Tech 87-59
- Some Lafayette city offices could be moving
- Car crashes into Lafayette hair salon
- Crash overturns vehicle in West Lafayette
- CityBus asking for feedback on new routes
- Blue Jays rout White Sox 14-5
- Moore, Davis help Pelicans rout Grizzlies 123-95
- Lafayette police respond to more calls on city's north end
- Police renew call for information on missing Lafayette man