TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A Lafayette man convicted of rape has been sentenced to prison time.
On Oct. 25 in 2017, LPD detectives placed 21-year-old Julio Pina of Lafayette under arrest.
Court documents state that Pina described having assaulted a woman outside of the Dollar General on Creasy Lane on the morning of Oct. 22.
Pina said he had been walking behind a car dealership when he spotted the woman at her car in the parking lot of the adjacent discount store.
After making sure there were no police in the vicinity, he said he grabbed her and pushed her to the ground.
After first physically violating the victim, Pina then forced the woman into sexual intercourse with him. He left the scene afterward.
In December, Pina plead guilty to the felony charge of rape. He has been sentenced to 13 years in prison with two years spent on supervised probation.
Pina will be required to register as a sex offender for life.
- Lafayette man convicted of rape sentenced to 13 years
- Lafayette man convicted of rape
- Man sentenced to 13 years for child molesting charges
- More deaths questioned at Lafayette man's sentencing
- Lafayette man sentenced for armed robbery
- Court denies convicted minister sentence modification
- Lafayette mother sentenced for abuse
- 2 Indiana men sue over wrongful rape convictions
- Lafayette woman charged with arson sentenced to 6 years
- Convicted child molester gets 41 years