TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A Lafayette man has been charged with sexual misconduct with a minor.
Court documents say that on several occasions, 26-year-old Paul Stephen Hardy allegedly had intercourse with a minor over the age of 14.
Police found social media messages in which Hardy and the victim discussed their sexual relationship.
Hardy admitted to having intercourse with the victim, which began as early as March 2017 and lasted through June of that same year.
Hardy stated that he was unaware of the victim’s age at the time of the sex acts, however, the victim disputes this.
He has been charged with three counts of sexual misconduct with a minor.
- Lafayette man charged after alleged sexual relationship with a minor
- Charges filed against Lafayette man in sexual assault case
- Lafayette man charge with kidnapping
- Lafayette man arrested after allegations of sexual contact with a child
- Fired Lafayette elementary teacher faces additional charges of sexual misconduct
- Lafayette man charged in hatchet attack
- West Lafayette man faces battery charges
- Lafayette man facing charges of child molesting
- Meth and heroin bust leads to charges against Lafayette man
- Lafayette man admits to armed robbery, charges filed