LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Saturday nearly 700 local families benefited from Jubilee Christmas through Lafayette Urban Ministry.
Close to 30 sites were set up in different places around town. The purpose of Jubilee Christmas is to let parents in need, be heroes to their children.
Parents selected clothing and stocking stuffers and volunteers helped them wrap the gifts.
Chip Goldsberry, Co-Coordinator of LUM Jubilee Christmas, explained this time of year can be hard on many families and this event just gives them any extra help they need.
"Brings out the best in people when there's a real blending off all the things that go into the joy and hope and such that we express at Christmas," said Goldsberry.
Each family also received homemade Christmas cookies and a holiday ham.
- Lafayette Urban Ministries help parents become heroes
- Lafayette Urban Ministry receives large grant from The Community Foundation
- Trinity Life Ministries moving to make way for new apartments
- Trinity Life Ministries includes families in addiction recovery
- Trinity Life Ministry opens new thrift store location
- Local heroes go beyond line of duty
- Lafayette Jeff, West Lafayette schedule football series
- Lafayette history gets "Eerie"
- Lafayette celebrates Indian culture
- Greater Lafayette's growing pains