WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — This weekend you can get a jump on the holiday season and buy a Christmas tree while helping area kids.
Since 1959 the Lafayette Noon Optimist Club has been putting on the sale.
Club member Michael Bucy says it's a wonderful holiday tradition.
"I have not found any better anywhere around town. They're at a good price. Probably a little bit less than most places and it's a good cause. Good quality, good price, good cause. How can you go wrong?" said Bucy.
Proceeds go toward area youth organizations like Camp WACK and the Mackey Childhood Cancer Foundation.
It kicks off Saturday at noon and is open every day until they run out.
It's located at Lafayette Frozen Custard parking lot on Main Street next to Columbian Park.
Trees run from small trees from $15 and the largest go for about $85.
Cash or check only. No credit cards.
- Lafayette Noon Optimist Club Christmas tree sale helps community kids
- Noon Optimist Club Christmas tree sales
- Shortage of Christmas trees nationwide
- Helping keep the Greater Lafayette community warm
- West Lafayette Tree Friends looking for help on Arbor Day
- Purdue Christmas tree arrives at Grand Hall
- Unique Vincennes Christmas tree gets varied reactions
- Tree Lafayette hosts annual Arbor Day Celebration
- City of Lafayette offers drop-off sites for Christmas tree disposal
- Lyn Treece Boys and Girls Club hosts annual Community Christmas Dinner