LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Lafayette police are asking the public's help finding the person responsible for a shooting late last week.
On Friday, May 12 around 3 a.m., police were called to the 1700 block of Everett Street for a report of shots fired. That is in the Columbian Park area.
According to police, witnesses said they heard several shots and saw cars speeding away from the scene.
Police said they found evidence of a shooting, but no victim. While officers continued investigating, they discovered a victim had been taken to the hospital for two gunshot wounds. As of Monday morning, he is stable.
Lt. Scott Galloway said the case has been turned over to detectives. They are working to get vehicle descriptions.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact the Lafayette Police Department at 765-807-1200 or the anonymous We-Tip Hotline at (800) 78-CRIME.
- LPD looking for shooting suspect
- LPD investigating Broadway Street shooting
- LPD celebrates distinguished officer
- LPD officer suspended
- LPD looking for missing woman
- LPD investigating attempted armed robbery
- LPD officer faces misconduct allegation
- LPD looking for man wanted in connection to fatal shooting
- LPD names a person of interest in Virginia Street shooting
- LPD prepares for annual Christmas Parade