GREATER LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Efforts to end the recent opioid crisis are expanding across Indiana.
Know the "O" Facts are part of the latest movement to end the opioid trend. The Facts outline a three step process.
First, It's a Disease. Second, There is Treatment. Finally, Recovery is Possible. Jim Gavin said steps like these are being developed because of the negative trend nation-wide.
"Someone across the country dies from an opioid situation every 12 minutes now," said Gavin. "I mean that is a real public health emergency and we all need to understand really whats going on and that there is treatment available and recovery can be acheived."
Gavin said knowing even the basic signs of opioid addiction is extremely important in the prevention process.
- Know the 'O' Facts aims to slow the opioid crisis
- Lafayette sues opioid companies for addiction crisis
- New Indiana program addresses maternal opioid crisis
- 2 Indiana initiatives aimed at fighting opioid epidemic
- Donnelly leads charge in fight against opioid crisis
- Opioid crisis strains foster system as kids pried from homes
- Local hospital takes 'hands-on' approach to opioid crisis
- Governor signs 4 laws combating Indiana's opioid crisis
- Crash slows holiday traffic on I-65