CARROLL COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — Jury selection is underway in a homicide trial in Carroll County.
Fifty-nine-year-old James Haas of rural Burnettsville is charged with murder.
The Carroll County Sheriff's Office and Indiana State Police say Haas killed 62-year-old Richard Houchin on Aug. 10 in Deer Creek, which is in the northeastern part of Carroll County.
Houchin's girlfriend discovered his body. Investigators say he died of trauma to the head.
Police say the home was in a state of disarray.
- Jury selection underway in Carroll County homicide trial
- Jury selection starts in triple homicide trial
- Community reacts to Carroll County double homicide
- Search underway in Carroll County for two missing girls
- Trial opens for widow of Pulse nightclub shooter as jury selection begins
- Carroll Co. Sheriff clears up misconceptions on Delphi double homicide
- Prayer vigil held for law enforcement working Carroll County double homicide
- Carroll County prosecutor decides to step down
- New prosecutor named in Carroll County
- Missing girls from Carroll County found safe