LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A judge has decided not to bring in an outside jury for the child exploitation and solicitation trial. Joseph Kimerer's lawyer argued on August 1st that people in Tippecanoe County had already made up their minds about the former Earhart Elementary teacher.
As WLFI previously reported, he cited online comments in several news articles about the case.
In today's decision, the judge wrote that those comments are quote "not representative of the whole community."
Online records indicate the trial is still set for December 3rd.
- Judge issues decision for "outside jury" request in accused former teacher's trial
- Accused teacher's trial venue under advisement
- Prosecutors request to get accused Earhart teacher back in jail
- Judge sets hearing on request to block Indiana abortion law
- Federal judge hears request to block Indiana abortion law
- SFLECC files rehearing request over water flow issue
- Arkansas judge blocks state from issuing birth certificates
- Teacher accused of child exploitation officially fired
- UPDATE: Trial begins for Williamsport man accused of killing woman