WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (Purdue Sports) — Purdue center Isaac Haas was named the Big Ten’s Player of the Week after leading the Boilermakers to three impressive victories during the week.
The No. 21-ranked Boilermakers defeated No. 17-ranked Louisville (66-57) and opened Big Ten play with a pair of victories at Maryland (80-75) and at home against Northwestern (74-69). Purdue owns a nation’s-best five wins over teams ranked in the top 70.
Haas led the charge, averaging 18.7 points, 6.0 rebounds and 1.3 blocks per game while shooting 20-of-33 (.606) from the field and 16-of-22 (.727) from the free throw line.
After scoring nine points against Louisville, Haas tallied 21 points on 10-of-13 shooting with five rebounds and four blocks in the win over Maryland. He followed that up with a career-high 26 points on 8-of-13 shooting with nine rebounds against Northwestern. He averaged 23.5 points and 7.0 rebounds per game in the two Big Ten contests, shooting 18-of-26 (.692) from the field.
He scored 20 points in back-to-back games for the second time in his career and netted 19 of his 26 points against Northwestern in the second half.
Haas now needs two points and three rebounds for 1,200 and 500 in his career respectively. For the season, he is averaging 15.7 points, 5.5 rebounds and 1.3 blocks per game while shooting 62.7 percent from the free throw line.
Purdue hosts undefeated Valparaiso on Thursday in Mackey Arena, tipping off at 6:30 p.m. ET. Tickets are available at PurdueSports.com, by calling 800.49SPORT or at the Mackey Arena ticket office.
- Isaac Haas named Big Ten Player of the Week
- Vincent Edwards named Big Ten Player of Week
- Purdue's Nick Delesandro named Big Ten Player of the Week
- Purdue's McGowan named Big Ten Player of Week (Baseball)
- Isaac Haas named to Abdul-Jabbar watch list
- Six Purdue baseball players named All-Big Ten
- Markell Jones named Big Ten Co-Offensive Player of the Week
- Carsen Edwards named Big Ten Co-Player of the Week, Purdue stays put at No. 3
- Purdue's McLaughlin named Big Ten Co-Freshman of the Week
- Isaac Haas out for season with fractured elbow