CARROLL COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A temporary emergency management director in Carroll County has had his hands full during an eventful month. This comes after the former EMA director suddenly resigned.
Dana Jeffries resigned on Feb. 5. Commissioners have been looking for his replacement since then.
However, when a fatal plane crash and severe flooding happened in the county, leaders were desperate for someone to take over. They asked Mike Titus to take on the role as interim EMA director.
Since then, Titus has been helping the county get through the aftermath of the flooding while still working a full-time job.
"I've been offered several times to do full-time, but right now it's not my priority to make a change," said Titus.
Titus said the commissioners are looking at applications and are hoping to find a permanent replacement soon.
- Interim Carroll County EMA director works through eventful month
- Carroll Co. works to fix budget issues
- Lafayette welcomes new public works director
- Carroll County prosecutor decides to step down
- New prosecutor named in Carroll County
- Missing girls from Carroll County found safe
- Police raid Carroll County home, 4 arrested
- Carroll County Commissioners to hold special meeting Saturday
- Carroll County deputy takes on new K-9 partner
- Incoming prosecutor ready for new role in Carroll County