CROWN POINT, Ind. (AP) — Authorities say a northwestern Indiana man died in a work-related accident when building materials apparently toppled onto him.
The Lake County coroner's office says 23-year-old Kelly S. Davaney Jr. was pronounced dead Monday from blunt force trauma at Nick's Building Materials in Crown Point.
The (Northwest Indiana) Times reports police said that it appears building materials at the business toppled onto the Crown Point man.
The fatal accident remains under investigation and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration has been contacted to investigate the incident.
- Indiana man killed when building materials topple onto him
- Building materials bill heads to Governor's desk
- Headstones toppled at historic central Indiana cemetery
- Indiana man dies after repeatedly ramming van into building
- Purdue joins team devising materials for superfast aircraft
- Indiana man charged in pursuit crash that killed 2 children
- Indiana man arrested in February fire that killed woman, 85
- Indiana man struck, killed by falling rock in Hawaii
- Indiana nonprofit gets grant to build portage around dam
- More than 900 Indiana school buildings checked for lead