Photo Gallery 3 Images
VERMILLION COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — An ISP trooper crashed into a utility pole Thursday morning after a side collision forced him off the road.
Police say it happened at around 9:40 a.m. as 44-year-old Trooper Chuck Murphy was traveling northbound on County Road 350 East near East 4th Street in Vermillion County.
He was in his cruiser headed to the site of a vehicle crash when he approached an intersection at 4th Street.
It was there that an SUV traveling northbound struck the side of the officer's car while he was attempting to pass it on the left.
The collision sent the cruiser off the road and into a utility pole.
Both the officer and the driver of the SUV, 63-year-old Kathleen B. Holvey of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, were taken to a hospital in Clinton for treatment.
Their injuries were not reported to have been life-threatening.
Police say that no citations have been issued at this time.
- ISP trooper forced off road in Vermillion County collision
- ISP: Three people airlifted after crash in Jasper County
- ISP says 2 dead in I-65 crash
- ISP: Missing Brookston man found dead
- ISP has eyes in the sky
- ISP stops to assist travelers, finds drugs
- ISP identifies man killed in Monday crash
- ISP investigating officer involved shooting in Waynetown
- ISP responds to NAACP allegation about Flora fire investigation
- ISP launches Operation Pull Over on Friday night