TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — The Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) announced that North River Road (Old State Road 43) will close on or after Tuesday, Dec. 5 at 6 a.m. through Friday, Dec. 22 at noon for the contractor to facilitate access for beams, to position the cranes and then set the beams.
There will also be minor traffic interruptions on Sagamore Parkway during the setting of the beams.
The detour will follow Soldiers Home Road to Kalberer Road to Morehouse Road to Sagamore Parkway to U.S. 52/231 and back.
The Sagamore Parkway eastbound Bridge over the Wabash River will be replaced with a new, approximately 938-foot long, eight-span bridge on the existing alignment.
The new superstructure would be a concrete bulb-tee design.
The new bridge will provide two 12-foot travel lanes, standard shoulders (6-foot left and 11-foot right), and a multi-use trail on the bridge deck with accommodation for connections to a future multi-use trail on the south side of the road.
It is anticipated the new bridge will be open for traffic in late summer of next year.
- INDOT: North River Road closes Tuesday
- North River Road to temporarily close Monday
- UPDATE: Monday's North River Road closure postponed
- TRAFFIC ALERT: North River Road closed Wed. thru Fri. for bridge work
- INDOT releases mobile app for Apple, Android
- INDOT announces millions for infrastructure improvements
- Portion of N. River Road to close for few hours Thursday
- Downed power line closes Morehouse Road
- TRAFFIC ALERT: INDOT recommends detours for Sagamore bridge lane closures
- INDOT working to fix Brookston school zone signal