With partly cloudy skies & hot, very humid conditions on July 4th, some isolated to spotty storms are possible.
These will gradually diminish in the evening.
For 9-10 p.m. time frame, although an isolated shower/storm cannot be ruled out, much of the area will stay dry.
Highs on the 4th will run near 90 to the lower 90s with heat indices near 100 to as high as 107 with a southerly wind at 5-9 mph.
More widespread rain/storms will arrive Thursday, most likely in the way of two rounds. One may pass near midday, followed by another late afternoon-evening.
Highs will tend to run 86-91 with heat indices peaking at 95-103.
An isolated severe gust or two is possible.
Rainfall will be variable, but some locally-heavy +2" rainfall is possible in places.
It will be cooler & less humid for the weekend with a nice northeast to east wind.
With 79-83 Saturday & 81-86 Sunday, we may see our first night with lows in the 50s in three weeks.
It looks humid to very humid with some showers/storms at times Monday-Thursday of next week with highs overall at 85-90 & lows in the 60s to the lower 70s. We may manage to sneek in a hotter 87-91 (heat indices 94-99) day next week (Wednesday or Thursday).
However, an extended period of highs in the 70s to lower 80s with multiple nights in the 50s is likely July 13-20.
It appears that an overall (through some ups & downs) cooler & drier than normal trend will settle in for mid July to mid August with no big heat waves or extended periods of really intense heat seen.
- OVERALL WEATHER FORECAST NOW TO MID-AUGUST
- WEATHER OUTLOOK NOW-AUGUST 15
- Overall Weather Trends to August 4
- Indiana State Fair announces six acts performing in August
- The coldest day since mid-March
- Warming up today, but still below normal for mid-April.
- Warren County woman on the road to recovery after August home explosion
- SUMMER PEAKS UNTIL AUGUST?........HEAT WAVE, SOME STORMS.....LONGER-TERM RELIEF BEYOND JULY 10
- VARIABLE RAINFALL WITH A FEW +4" TOTALS.......OUTLOOK RIGHT INTO AUGUST
- WARM STREAK SINCE MAY TO END.......MAY RETURN IN LATE AUGUST