Heat advisories remain as the heat wave continues across the Midwest. An excessive heat warning remains to our northern counties, while a heat advisory remains to our southern viewing area. Both of these heat related warnings are in effect until 8 pm this evening.
Current temperatuers sit around the 90 degree mark, with heat indices reaching triple digits in multiple communities. Limit your time outdoors to avoid the extreme heat unless necessary. Remember to stay hydrated, and avoid beverages such as alcohol and soda which further dehydrate the body.
Storms look to return late in Sunday evening. A cold front is currently progressing through Illinois. Severe weather is possible with this system, and a severe thunderstorm watch is in effect for Benton, Newton, and Jasper counties until 9 pm this evening.
Expect the front to push through late this evening. If you have any outdoor activites or dinner plans, you will still be okay. Showers and storms look to enter the region after 9 pm.
Once the front passes, conditions will gradually clear to partly cloudy conditions. Overnight temperatures will drop to the lower 70's.
- Hot Sunday continues before storms push in late
- Heat Wave Continues Sunday
- Sunday clouds and mild conditions continue
- Severe storms possible late this afternoon and evening.
- INTENSE HEAT, STORMS, THEN COOLER BEFORE SHOWERS/STORMS RETURN LATE NEXT WEEK
- Oppressive heat pushes into Indiana
- Hot & Humid for Memorial Day!
- Layoffs continue at Carrier
- The Rainfall Continues
- Heat and Humidity Continues