We've seen the heat push into the region, with temepratures in the mid 90's. When we factor in the heat index, temepratures are flirting with the triple digits. Make sure to stay hydrated if you plan to be outside, especially if going to The Taste of Tippacanoe. A Heat Advisory remains in effect until 8 pm this evening for parts of the viewing area.
Give the air conditioners a break tonight, as overnight lows will drop to the lower 70's. Expect calm winds from the south with mostly clear skies.
Sunday will bring conditions similar to that of Saturday - hot and humid. Temperatures will quickly ramp up during the morning hours into the early afternoon. Expect daily highs in the mid 90's. When we factor in the heat index tomorrow, temperatures will feel more like the low 100's in the afternoon.
There is a slim chance for an isolated shower or two, but most will see clear conditions through the entire day.
As the week continues, we'll see temperatures stabilize. Our next chance for storms returns midweek.
- Heat Wave Continues Sunday
- Heat and Humidity Continues
- Weather: Sort of interesting day, oppressive heat wave ahead
- Speaking of Heat In Mid to Late September....A Look Back at the 1891 Heat Wave
- Sunday clouds and mild conditions continue
- Some Severe Weather RIsk (& Localized Flash Flooding), Then Oppressive Heat Wave
- Oppressive Heat Wave Still Ahead.....Few Storms, Then More Widespread Storms Down the Road
- SUMMER PEAKS UNTIL AUGUST?........HEAT WAVE, SOME STORMS.....LONGER-TERM RELIEF BEYOND JULY 10
- LET'S DIG INTO THIS COOLER PATTERN, THEN LATE AUGUST POTENTIAL HEAT WAVE
- Potential Heat Wave Ahead with +4 Days at 90 or Better Possible