WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — "Everything good has to come to an end," said Thys Call. "To be able to sign with these guys and win a state championship with them all, there's no better way to go out."
That good thing involving five seniors.
"It's sad that we played our last game together but we went off with a bang which is what we always wanted to do," said Jakub Hall. "So it was good to end on a high note."
A group of boys that shared the same love for soccer since they were six years old, now come to a point where they all are going their seperate ways.
"It's a happy and sad feeling at the same time leaving my friends in high school, all my teammates, and all the success we've had," said Calvin Walters. "But it's pretty exciting to go play soccer in college."
"We've had our time together and we know that, we've accomplsihed the greatest thing that we could do together," said John Roop. "Now that we're starting a new chapter in our lives it's kind of exciting that we get to go our own ways and create that memeory again, just different places."
The University of Chicago, Evansville, and BYU are just a few of the schools these Raiders are headed.
"These guys taught me the game of soccer, I've been playing with them for so long that I think about the sport in general and these guys come to mind," said Thys Call. "I did everything with these gys from elementry and middle school high school, it's bitter-sweet to end it here."
Even though college is the reason these teammates will no longer step on the same field together, the distance won't be able to break their bond.
"We'll definitely stay in touch, probably daily, keeping eachother updated on how our seasons are going, how school is going, all of that, we're really really close," said Jakub Hall. "So I don't think it'll be that hard to stay in touch."
- Harrison senior boys soccer players reflect on legacy
- HIGHLIGHTS: Harrison boys soccer wins first ever state title
- Harrison wins sectional boys wrestling championship
- Harrison soccer looks to make history in state championship
- Purdue football players attend "senior" prom
- Honoring Kristi Redmon's 'colorful' legacy
- Highlights: Harrison vs. Brownsburg (Softball)
- Harrison teacher earns state recognition
- HIGHLIGHTS: Harrison 65, Western Boone 53 (GBB)
- Police investigate Harrison student's social media threat