WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)— New playground equipment will be coming to Happy Hollow Park in the next few months.
The West Lafayette Parks and Recreation Department will be making the park ADA accessible.
Starting in October, the slides, monkey bars, swings and more will be replaced by new equipment.
The upgrades will also include improving the shelter for families to hold picnics.
Superintendent Kathyrn Lozano said the playground is overused and needed an update
"We need to make it safe and as you know things wear out over the years," It's time to refresh and it's looking a little tired so it's time to refresh it and make it more user-friendly."
The department will also focus on controlling the weed and erosion near the park.
Lozano said the project should begin early October and wrap up by the end of the month.
- Happy Hollow Park revamps playground equipment
- Concerns arise about Happy Hollow Park sculptures
- Happy Hollow Park construction is underway
- Happy Hollow Light Project nears completion
- Happy Hollow students and staff prepare for big move to new school
- WLFD debuts new equipment
- Lafayette revamps some sidewalks to become ADA compliant
- Lafayette Renew revamping boiler system to lower operating costs
- New nature based playground opens in Lafayette
- New equipment helps detect suspicious packages