Lafayette, Ind. (WLFI) - Franciscan Health in Lafayette received a five star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid.
The Catholic Healthcare institution is among the 337 hospitals that received five stars throughout the U.S.
That's an improvement from the four stars they received during the last rating period.
Franciscan Lafayette East scored highest in readmissions, safety of care and patient experience.
President & CEO of Franciscan Health in Western Indiana Terry Wilson says the rating is an honor because it's focused on what's most important to them; the care and satisfaction of their patients.
He also says after they celebrate they will start to work on how to keep improving.
"We have to be hard at work even now to sustain our success and find new ways to improve the care that we provide," Wilson said.
Franciscan Health's Crawfordsville and Rensselaer locations also improved their medicare rating.
Franciscan Health Crawfordsville improved to four stars and Franciscan Health Rensselaer improved to three stars.
- Franciscan Health Lafayette rated five star hospital facility
- Franciscan Health Lafayette East's campus expanding
- Franciscan Health Lafayette unveils new rehabilitation gym
- Franciscan Health Lafayette opens new West Tower
- Visitor restrictions to be placed on Franciscan Health facilities
- HIGHLIGHTS/BRACKETS: Franciscan Health Hoops Classic
- Franciscan Health holds discussion about suicide prevention
- Franciscan Health hosts Safe Kids Day
- Lafayette Jeff tops West Lafayette 41-40 to claim Franciscan Health Hoops Classic championship
- HIGHLIGHTS: Franciscan Health Girls Hoops Classic (First Round)